Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good Times - some not so good times



Not sure how to grade today. For the most part, everything was great. So I give it an A minus.

Once I accepted the fact that I had to go out and shovel snow, I had a good time doing it and felt well exercised. Then, Chris, Carmen and I decided to make dinner over at Dorothy's house and spend the evening with her. When we got over there, I did more shoveling while Chris and Carmen actually made dinner. It was delicious!
Then, Carmen and Chris sang songs and played the piano while Dorothy and I visited. So far, so good. On the way home, however, because it was still snowing and the roads were slippery (and since I was driving a little faster than I should), the Suburban started sliding down our hill. So, I put it in the ditch to avoid the bank on the other side. Now it is up to its fenders in snow. (No Pix of that) S we walked home and now are settling in - watching an episode of Star Trek before I fall asleep. So, as I started the day, I am ending the day with gratitude and acceptance. Or, as my mother said, "Roll with the punches.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment