Sunday, January 18, 2009

Roll with the Punches!



My mother once told me that the third step of Alcoholics Anonymous could be simplified to mean "Roll with the Punches". This morning we woke up to an unexpected blizzard -- forecast was for a few inches spread out throughout the day. However, the snow started in the middle of the night and continued through early morning. We received already well over a foot. As a result my plans for the day were seriously interrupted. But not to worry -- I just need to "roll with the punches". For the sake of continuity in blogs and postings -- this is similar to the message I found in "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle? Acceptance of what IS NOW is the beginning of finding peace NOW.

In any case -- I'm going to try and include a few pictures of my day so far. I will up-load them to Flikr as well - if anyone knows if there is a way to link a pst to a Flikr Pic - let me know. My Flikr member name is also "Mikea44646"

2 comments:

  1. Mike - I saw the pictures on Flikr. Makes me miss my dogs. We are enjoying the weather in NC (40 degrees - no snow). Happy shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You miss the dogs? What about the rest of your family? :-)

    ReplyDelete