Friday, January 16, 2009

Taking Action

Sometimes, in moments of frustration and stress, I have made the comment - "I hate my life". It is really a poor choice of words and when I say it, particularly in earshot of my wife, I usually get a pretty strong wake-up call.
I certainly don't mean that I want to end all and cease to exist. So what do I mean when I make such a comment? By life, I mean the journey, not the biology of life. What I am really trying to say is that I'm experiencing a serious level of unmanageability and uncomfortability along the road.

Fortunately, when I get like this, I am blessed with a strong fellowship of friends and family who remind me that there is a better way. For me, that better way can be found by refocusing my life so that it follows the road defined by the specific principles that I believe in and that breed serenity and peace rather than anxiety and frustration. The topic of why I subscribe to the specific life principles that I do is for another time. But for this post there are certain Ideals that I believe to be "Right and True" and serve me like a compass or like the North Star for Ancient Sailors. One of those Ideals is action and as I stated in another post, sometimes the answer is to "Move the Body and the Mind will Follow" (a slogan found in the 12 step, self help programs).Recently, in a similar scenario to the unmanageability above, I "woke up". I reached a bottom and decided to take action to Live. But How? Where to start?

Well in part that is what I think Blogging is about - for us to share with each others and to grow. To gain clarity along the way. So please comment. At present this Blog is part of the action I am taking to live. In addition to sharing with others, it is also an exercise in mind. We live in three ways, Mind, Body, and Soul so Blogging for me is an action to expand my mind.

3 comments:

  1. Eloquently put. I am reminded of the serenity prayer. Your wife and 1/2 of your brood just arrived. gotta go. more to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have pointed out what I've found to be the case, that the media creates an adventure, and that the potential helps us grow along the way.

    Great to see you making strides Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be nice if we could eliminate the word "hate" --

    ReplyDelete