Saturday, January 31, 2009

Perseverance

In the past two weeks I have had several thoughts that I wished to post about but never got past jotting them down as notes. So maybe with some time this afternoon I can get one or two of them out. I will start now with the issue of blogging in the first place.


There are many reasons that I have seen and heard about why people blog. I have always felt an inclination that I would like to have a connection with the world beyond my immediate family. I am not social phobic. Sometimes I'm emotionally lazy but definitely, I am energized when having conversations with other people. So on a scale of introvert versus extrovert I'm definitely more toward the extrovert. However, I think that blogging helps to equalize people from both ends of that spectrum. It allows introverted people less of a hurdle to overcome in engaging with others and possibly is a bit more of a hurdle or at least less interactive for the extrovert who (if you're like me) enjoys the face time. Nevertheless, I like to have my thoughts and thinking stimulated -- I like to learn and to hear what others have to say about subjects.

Life is busy, and it takes effort to balance personal interests and needs with personal responsibilities. There are always things that I feel I ought to be doing or could be doing in the realm of my responsibilities -- however I believe as a fundamental rule - that if I do not take care of myself in a way that might rejuvenate me I will not be able to meet those responsibilities effectively. So I am still experimenting. I need to see if blogging will work for me as an effective way of social networking -- will blogging satisfy my need to have a sense of community and fellowship?
More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment